The Proprietary Standard called International Event Certification for WEDDINGS & EVENTS S PECIALISTS, by Lime and AJA Europe was created in 2 016.
In 2020 the Proprietary Standard has been revised and expanded to be a real and valid tool for the certification of this category of non-regulated professionals. The only and first proprietary standard specific to this segment includes an educational and experiential process to achieve a certification that qualifies your professional work process and specialization objectively and professionally.
This certification, like any other certification in this field, is not mandatory for working in terms of laws.
The sole scope of this certification is to create professionalism with our partner being the first and only validated certification from professionals for professionals.
The certification i s personal as it is a professional certification. We do not require any specific educational route. You must be able to follow the point system and reach a minimum of 80 points out of 100 in order to be admitted to the exam with the BOOK and above all: YOU MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM THE EXAM AT ITS BEST.
The benefits of the certification comes not only by passing it (with a grade of 65% and above) but above all in passing it well with (a grade of 85% and above ) or become a Master i f you p ass with a g rade of 100%.
All professionals related to our 7 categories are certifiable. No specific requirements or procedures are required. There are NO limits. You don't need a specific training course. You have to know how to take the exam in all its parts and create a full event.
I suggest you check out the videos (Tutorials) on the website that explain both the certification and the exam, with their particular requirements.
Have you been a planner for years as a freelancer or employee i n an Events agency? Are you simply passionate about this job?
Do you have an accommodation facility for events? Do you manage event spaces for either private or public entities?
The admission to the certification is simple: you can have different backgrounds, you can follow different paths yet follow the certification point system.
- Wedding and Event planner and Destination Wedding and Event Planner
- Virtual and Hybrid Event Planner
- Wedding and Events Designer
- LGBT Weddings & Events Planner
- Specialized Wedding & Events Venue
- Wedding & Events Producer
- Weddings & Events Vendor: Catering and Banqueting, Audio / Visuals, Florist and Decor, Photographer and Videographer, Entertainment (DJ, performer, band, talent agency)
The scheme also establishes the procedures for the exam and for maintaining and renewing the certification.
The scheme constitutes a contractual requirement between AJA Europe Ltd (and the persons who request the certification of their skills according to the profiles listed above and below explained.
- Wedding and Event Planner: organizer of every aspect of the event from the location to the entire performance and any related or required basic or out-of-the-box service, working in his/her area, region with local customers.
- Destination Wedding and Event Planner: organizer of every aspect of the event from the location to the entire performance and every included or required basic or out-of-the-box service, working outside his/her area, or country with mixed local-foreign or foreign and however not resident customers.
- Virtual and Hybrid Event Planner: integrates the knowledge, skills and competences of the Destination Wedding and Event Planner with the full mastery of ICT technologies to plan, organize and manage virtual or hybrid events, mostly for the MICE sector. Incidentally, managing live streaming events is not enough to qualify the professional as a VHEP.
- Wedding and Event Designer: designer of the event who follows or does not follow the production of the event in all its scenographic details. This person can also be hired for only a part of the event that the service requires but must know how to link contexts.
- LGBT Weddings and Events Planner: professional figure specialized in various types of events with LGBT clients (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender). He/she therefore knows the market well, the etiquette to follow and has adequate social communication.
- SPECIALIZED WEDDING & EVENTS LOCATION: structure suitable for hosting private and corporate events. It can work in B2B and B2C. May work independently or with external professionals.
- Wedding & Events Producer: professional figure specialized in the sector of providing specific services in the organization of events, with recognition of his/her professionalism and quality in the provision of the same, in detail, the practical creator who brings a design to life and does not fall within the previous categories.
- Weddings & Events Vendor: Photographer, Videographer, Catering & Banqueting, Florist, Audio and Video, Entertainment. Professional figures specialized in the supply of specific services in the organization of events, with recognition of their professionalism and quality in the delivery of the same, in detail:
- Photographer: the person who creates printed or digital memories of the event
- Videographer: the person who creates memories of the event in progress
- Catering and Banqueting: refers to any food service brought or resident related to an event
- Florist: the person who creates floral arrangements with or without supports
- AV: audio visuals, the person who takes care of setting up the audio and lights for an event
- Entertainment: the person who entertains during an event (DJ, bands and orchestras, performers, talent agency).
Yes, of course! The multiple specializations requested must be compatible and may be requested in the same examination session applying the extra 50 points system for each of the extra specializations.
Once registered, the Points System can be found and downloaded. This acts as your guideline toward creating your admissions book for the certification.
The IEC Points System explains the types of documents, education and practice considered valid for the admission as well as the format they are to be presented for your easy consultation.
The Point System provides alternative guidelines pertaining to the creation of your portfolio to accompany the practical work and education you have achieved throughout the duration of your career.
Yes we do.
We have 6:
- Photographer: the person who creates printed or digital memories of the event;
- Videographer: the person who creates memories of the event in progress;
- Catering and Banqueting: refers to any food service brought or resident related to an event;
- Florist: the person who creates floral arrangements with or without supports;
- AV: audio visuals, the person who takes care of setting up the audio and lights for an event;
- Entertainment: the person who entertains during an event (DJ, bands and orchestras, performers, talent agency).
The exams are tailored to the specialization. The written part contains a full project, accompanied by several challenging technical questions. The oral component will be adapted to illustrate the applicant’s evidence of practical industry knowledge.
NO, we certify people, not venues. We assess the capability of a team working within an establishment, from wedding and event planners, right through to the various staff members.
SPECIALIZED WEDDING & EVENTS LOCATION: we assess the structural suitability for hosting private and corporate events. This can work in B2B and B2C. Can work independently or with external professionals.
Ethics - refers to the moral principles that govern your business and private behaviour in the conduct of your life and activity. We believe in a Mindful professional, where the aim must be to create value, awaken awareness, be fair, be creative, better yourself and others and be truthful.
Networking is the heart of our certification. Together we are better, we can do better and can create better leaders and professionals. Networking is key to develop knowledge, to work locally & internationally at highest standards, as well as growing your business seeking potential opportunities to grow, to be better leaders and professionals and help those who will need your skills. To be a global professional.
Continuous Learning means for us being curious, means being available for coaching and mentoring as well as learning. Learning is a path that never has an end. Learn, act, develop, innovate and share. Continuous learning is for IEC a point of Pride, as learning is.
If you believe these are your core values too, we are waiting for you to be part of your family. IEC.
IEC is an exam, not a course. This exam is created to objectively evaluate your event planning skills for different sorts of events. Once you register, see all videos, and read all documentation.
Then get operational and:
- Create and send for approval your admission book with tracking nr
- Wait for the admission reply and Exam dates
- Attend the full day exam in presence
- Once you pass you will have to maintain each certification each year and renew every 5 yrs.
The exam has an oral and a written part done on the same day. The exam is passed with
- 65/100 to 84/100 as PROFESSIONAL
- 85/100 to 99/100 as ELITE
- 100/100 as MASTERS
- MASTERS: This grading provides all the Elite inclusions, along with, becoming a part of the country and apprenticeship partners community other than the graduated alumni.
- PROFESSIONAL: An applicant has shown how to plan and organise an event, but with the minimum competency IEC grading. Professionally graded applicants receive an IEC stamp to display where they wish with the certification profession chosen, a unique AJA Europe registration number and will be provided access to the website community events specific to this level.
- ELITE: This grading provides all the Professional Level inclusions, in addition, the ability to request participation in the IEC Apprenticeship Program with our global Partners and pick whom to ask.
Yes, of course! Our aim is for you to grow with us. There are specific ways this can be achieved, showing examples of experiential growth and through examination.
Yes, we have professional coaches and mentors with worldly experience. Ask us via email, however applicable to applicants who have completed the examination process first.
No, no country has the events profession tied to a mandatory certification process. Our aim is to create a respected and globally recognised brand like LSH and Virtuoso, which from a glance, communicates who is simply the best of the best within their field, brands and names that are safe, trusted, professional and strive for excellence.
No. The International Event Certification is globally valid and recognised through the third-party certifier, AJA Europe.
The IEC policy has been decided to make it as easy as possible to follow applicants through their respective country partners. If your country is not currently listed, please get in touch, and ask us.
The country partners are leaders in the industry. They are regarded as the world’s most reputable events professionals with proven experience who are united in helping our industry grow qualitatively. They have been carefully hand-picked and selected for their ethics, networking capabilities, professional expertise, and skill sets.
The exam involves one full day in person, at a location nearest to you. Applicants sitting for the exam are allowed to bring any references, laptops, mobiles to assist their examination process. It is worth noting, all country exams are aligned and consist of a written and oral component.
The written component is a planning presentation of an event in full, selecting just one of the various options provided and is allocated a time slot of 4 hours.
The 30-minute oral component, providing an application passes the written component, experiencing your sales, empathy, and problem-solving skills through the eyes of a client.
The examiners are all professionals, handpicked for their skills and attitude and carefully selected by your nation’s Country Partner with the golden rule at play: there must be no conflict of interests among examiners and examinees.
Simply put, the examiner must not, by any means, know the candidate personally, their work, their name or reputation to remain fully objective.
At every exam session, the Country Partner along with the examinees, must sign an agreement, stating there are no conflicts of interest present for the exam to take place. The candidates may know of the examiners, as most have reputable profiles within the industry, but not vice versa.
The Certification will generate a family-oriented community, together with the Country Partners and our Apprenticeship Partners. The idea of this community is to be actively promoting education and learning, networking, innovation within the industry, global destinations, events, and ideas.
Thank you for your interest. You may email us, telling us more about you, your career and experience, your reputation, your job, your country and why you think you may be the best-fit country representative.